D’Aureville and Chameroy
Clock with cupids
Signed D’Aureville et Chameroy, Maison Barbot
Height : 27 cm (10 2/3 in.) ; WIdth : 21 cm (8 1/4 in.) ; Depth : 14 cm (5 1/2 in.)
A very fine Greek style clock made in gilded bronze, standing on four claw feet. Topped with two cherubs reading a floor plan.
The Barbot company, installed Chapon street in Paris between 1840 and 1850, then Rambuteau street in 1860, Saint-Maur street in 1890, finally Bucy street around 1900, specialized in the making of clocks made in inlaid wood or bronze. They went in partnership with D’Aureville et Chameroy who supplied the clockworks.