The Susse company, a worldwide reknown foundry, began to cast pieces as soon as the first half of the 19th Century. Awarded medals several times at the famous Paris « Expositions des Produits de l’Industrie », Susse brothers, Victor (1806-1860) and Amédée (1808-1880), were known since 1841 as makers of « Art bronze pieces for clocks, candelabras, statuettes, etc. ». The most wellknown French sculptors gave their sculpted models to Susse in order to cast them, such James Pradier (1790-1852) who signed in 1841 the oldest known publishing contract for bronzes between publisher and artist. After the death of the two brothers, Albert Susse took over the business from 1880 until 1922. He developped so far the company as to open a new luxuruous shop in Paris, at n° 13 boulevard de la Madeleine.