Antoine Krieger (1804-1869) launched the cabinetmaking branch of Maison Krieger in the middle of the 19th century, before setting an important inner decoration department which provided much success and prestige to the company until 1945. The Krieger firm made all the sketches and designs in ancient as well as contemporary styles. A thousand workers were employed at n°74-76 rue du Faubourg-Saint-Antoine in Paris, producing luxurious and standard furniture. The high quality making gave birth to oakwood or mahogany cabinets decorated with finely chosen veneers. The Krieger firm won a second-class medal at the 1851 Universal Exhibition of London and took part in many international exhibitions, such as Paris in 1855.