Height : 55 cm (21,6 in.) ; Diam. : 54 cm (21,2 in.)
Crystal, Gilded bronze
Crystal and gilded bronze centerpiece decorated with twelve lights. It is composed of a cut crystal cup circled by chiseled gilded bronze from where emerge the light arms. The whole rests on a baluster shaped shaft made of faceted and cut crystal supported by a gilded bronze mount forming the base.
The many prisms and mirzas pendants bring an extra sparkle to this centerpiece.
Between 1764 and 1860, with rare exceptions, the crystal Manufacture of Baccarat doesn’t sign its works. The first paper labels appear in 1860 and represent inside a circle, a carafe surrounded by a goblet and a cup above which is marked BACCARAT. From 1875, the brand BACCARAT in stick letters and in relief is present on some blown models and on the bronze parts of the mounts. It’s from 1936 that the carafe, surrounded by a goblet and a cup with BACCARAT marked above, appears systematically on the production.
The famous crystal manufacture of Baccarat, that dates back to the 18th century, was awarded its first medal in 1823, during the “Exposition des Produits de l’Industrie” for the “brilliance and the sharpness of its crystal” and became then the most renowned French “cristallerie”. Baccarat was undoubtedly the only French manufacture, that exhibited steadily and magnificently its products at the various Universal Exhibitions, and especially between 1855 and 1867. Reports of the Universal Exhibition, from 1855 to 1867, talk about the “perfection of the material and of its cut”, considered superior of those from Bohemia or England.